"Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises. "
Whipping cream is one of the easiest things to do, in spite of this most of us tend to under or over whip the cream. A perfectly whipped cream would be shiny, Soft yet rich, light yet creamy. Most of us find it difficult to get to the perfect point of whipping, but we are here to tell you that there’s nothing to be afraid of.
Here are a few simple steps that you need to follow to make sure that you are whipping it well.
1) Cream should always be stored in a deep freezer.
2) Ensure that you thaw the cream properly. Whipping can only be done when the cream comes in liquid form, but not warm. Take out the cream from the freezer and place it in the fridge beforehand.
3) If you find any lumps pour the cream in a bowl, and break the ice using a spatula.
4) After whipping, the cream tends to double, so always use a bigger bowl. Try not to fill the bowl more than ¼ the way.
5) If it’s not a big batch try using a hand beater rather than a stand mixer. A hand beater would help you to keep an eye on the beating process.
6) Whip only what’s needed. If you have whipped extra ensure you cover it with a cling film.
7) Once you start beating, go from low to high speed and once you have reached the desired consistency move from high to low slowly. Shifting speed frequently leads to misbehaving cream.
8) A perfect whip is when you move the spatula and you find a natural shine on it. That’s the point you should stop. Anything further will cause dryness.
9) If for any reason there is dryness please do not add milk or sugar syrup to soften it. Add a bit of cream that is in liquid form and beat once again. But this step can be a little tricky.
10) Whipping cream has 2 stages Soft Peak and Stiff Peak. Basically, a peak is the shape that a whipped cream takes when you lift the whisk out of the bowl. A soft peak would quickly lose its peak where as a stiff peak would stand still with a firm point. There is a very thin line difference between the two stages.
This technique is very easy to understand and can be mastered by anybody. So let’s Whip it up the correct way.