"No is easier to do. Yes is easier to say."
- Jason Fried
How To Use A Microwave Oven For Baking Cake?
Microwave Oven is one of the most widely used kitchen appliances. If you are wondering how to use a Microwave Oven for baking cakes, here are some of the things you should know about it –
- Microwave oven works on two modes when baking a cake. The first is – Microwave mode and second is – Convection mode.
- When using the Microwave mode, while baking a cake the oven is kept at full power and cake is baked for some 5-8 minutes.
- And when Convection mode is used, the oven is set on 180°C and is preheated for about 10 minutes. Then the cake is baked for about 30 minutes.
- You can check if it’s baked properly or not using a toothpick. You can keep it for more 5-10 minutes if required.
- The time and temperature for oven depend a lot on your recipe.
- Some people don’t prefer to make cakes in a microwave because the texture doesn’t appear that good.
Read:- 10 Types of Chocolate Cakes
How To Use OTG Oven For Baking Cake?
OTG stands for Oven, Toaster and Griller. It can be used to bake a cake but you can’t heat food in an OTG.
Below are the simple steps you need to follow to bake a cake in an OTG Oven.
- The first step is to preheat the oven for about 10 minutes at the temperature required for your recipe.
- Use the bake mode for baking cake, cookies, bread etc.
- Don’t forget to place the wire rack in the middle rack and allow the cake to bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Check if it’s baked well or not.
- Serve it and enjoy!
What Is Baking Powder And How Does It Make The Cake Soft And Spongy?
Baking powder is a dry mixture made from baking soda and tartaric acid used to add the fluffiness and lightness in a food product.
Baking powder is one of the important dry ingredients used for making a cake. When water is added to make the batter, the powder releases carbon dioxide gas which makes the dough to rise and makes the cake soft and spongy.
How To Make Biscuit Cake Without Baking?
If you are craving for a yummy delicious cake but doesn’t have enough ingredients or you are in a hurry, then this no-bake biscuit cake is your saviour.
Yes, you heard it right. You can actually make a biscuit cake without baking it an oven.
Let’s have a look at the recipe.
Step 1: Break the biscuits into smaller pieces. You can use any chocolate or glucose biscuits for this recipe.
Step2: On the other hand, you need to melt the cocoa powder, sugar, butter and cream either by double boil method or in a microwave.
Step3: Add the crushed biscuits into this melted mixture and mix it well. Then empty it in a container and allow it refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
Step4: Once the cake sets well, its time to do the frosting which can either be of chocolate or cream cheese or anything of your choice. And also prepare a biscuit base for the cake to give it a final touch.
And that’s it! The delectable biscuit cake without baking is ready to eat!
What Is Bakers Yeast?
Bakers Yeast is nothing but the yeast that we commonly use for making bakery products. The main function of this yeast in any food item is to –
- Rise the dough
- Develop a flavour in the food
Why Cake Gets Hard?
There can be different reasons why your cake becomes hard. Some of the common ones are listed below –
- The very common miss is the wrong proportion of ingredients. The dry ingredients like flour can absorb the moisture of the cake and make it dry.
- Sometimes adding too much of egg white can also lead to the dryness of the cake.
- Always mix the cake in one direction and don’t overmix the batter.
- Allow the cake to rest for some time in the oven after you switch off the oven.
- There shouldn’t be any crumbs in the cake.
- And last but most important, follow the instructions of the recipe carefully and avoid adding anything from your side.
Why Cake Cracks While Baking?
The main reason for cracks occurring in a cake is due to overheating of the oven. Also, you should avoid disturbing the cake while it is baking.
You can fix these cracks by carefully separating out the cracked parts and then frosting it properly.
Read:- 8 Easy Cake Decorating Ideas