It is said that anything that’s visually appealing to the eyes always attracts the customer to buy it.
Every business aims at promoting its brand to more and more customers. For this purpose, custom product packaging plays a very important role. Packaging refers to wrapping the product using a box, container, paper and so on. It is always seen that when you go to a shop something that looks very attractive is always purchased. Product packaging is thus a marketing tool used to grab the customer’s attention.
Now-a-days people prefer innovative ideas. People are always attracted towards products with packaging that is unique, different and out of the box. One of the first steps in doing so is to identify the target audience. After analyzing the behaviour, needs and purchasing habits of the target audience the overall design of the packaging can be determined. This will persuade the customers to come again and again to buy such products.
One of the biggest challenges faced by the small businesses is insufficient funds. Custom packaging is an unavoidable cost for the small businesses. Therefore it is important to understand the uses of custom product packaging.
1. Following are the uses of product packaging for the small businesses:
- Packaging provides physical and barrier protection to the products. This includes protection against damage caused during transportation; environmental changes like rain; contamination caused by insects, bacteria, harmful toxins.
- Packaging communicates information about the product to the customers. This includes the brand; date of manufacture; steps to use the product; contact number.
- Packages and labels are one of the best marketing strategies used to sell the products. This includes applying graphic designs on the surface of the cover.
- Packaging provides security from tampering the products. This keeps the products safe from unknown people.
Small businesses must ensure that they use the right packaging material for their products. This depends upon the nature, size, quantity and type of the product. Liquid items like water, syrup, juices are packed in bottles; solid food items are packed in containers; aluminium items like pressure cookers are packed in carton boxes and so on.
Many years back the concept of product packaging was much standardized. There was no variety in the type of box used for packaging. But with the changing environment and growing competition the focus of product packaging became customer oriented. This gave rise to the concept of custom packaging that has gained a lot of importance in recent times.
So what is customized packaging? It refers to designing and creating a brand new packaging material like a box for the product instead of a ready-made one.
2. Let us take a look at the key benefits of customized product packaging:
- They say, ‘first impression is the last impression’. Custom product packaging helps to create a good impression in the minds of the customers. An attractive packaging not only catches attention but also retains it.
- Custom packaging enables the brand of the company to stand out. For this purpose, artistic and colourful logos can be incorporated in the packaging. This also helps to differentiate various brands in the market.
- Today is the time of social media. Custom packaging is one of the best ways to make people aware about their products on social media. Many photos of customized designs, captions, hash tags, tweets can be shared on social media platforms.
Small businesses find custom packaging expensive. Initially they may find it difficult to afford it but with time it can definitely create goodwill for the company.
Industrialization has led to adverse impacts on the environment. Product packaging generates a lot of waste that affects the environment. Small businesses must be aware about waste management. They must take appropriate steps to minimize, dispose, recycle the waste generated due to product packaging and not pollute the environment.
The aim today must be to find innovative custom packaging solutions which are sustainable and eco-friendly. It is important to consider the environmental and social impact while creating and innovating newer solutions. The Inventory section on our BulbandKey Creators App will soon introduce creative and affordable packaging solutions and other premium quality ingredients.
To register download our Android App.