8 Software Every Small Business Should Have
Bill Gates, the co-founder of Microsoft Corporation says, “Business and technology are becoming inextricably interwoven. One can’t talk about one without the other.” Every business needs technology to grow and flourish. In simple words, business and technology go hand in hand.
Technology helps you in saving your time, effort and eventually makes your business more efficient. It is next to impossible to run any business without using appropriate tools and technologies. A business needs different types of software for managing data, payment, delivery, security, lead management and several other tasks.
In this fast-moving technological world, it is mandatory for every business to keep themselves updated with the latest technologies. It prevents you from getting into unnecessary overheads and helps you to focus on the important things like formulating and implementing strategies for your business.
Below are some of the software that every small business should have an idea about.
It is a free and open-source CMS (Content Management System) used for publishing websites and blogs. It is widely popular all over the world because it is cost-effective, SEO friendly, a suitable tool for content marketing (especially for beginners). If you are a small business owner, then you should definitely try this tool for creating your identity in the digital space.
Zoho has a range of tools for small and home businesses. It provides all the features that a small business needs under a single pack. The features include:
- CRM (Customer Reputation Management) – This feature of Zoho help in building and maintaining relationships with customers.
- CRM Analytics – Enables you to make reports and use the custom dashboards
- Marketing Automation – Running campaigns and scheduling mass emails
- Customer Support – Giving solutions to customer’s queries
- Data and Security Management
- Developer tools and Automation
Zoho has different plans and you can need to choose what is required for your business.
Bulb and Key
Bulb and Key works for the empowerment of small and home-based businesses. They are an all in one solution for small and home-based businesses. To solve the problems of their creators and customers, Bulb and Key provides a number of features like –
- Easy Order Management
- Easy and Secure Payment Management
- Profile Generation
- Timely Doorstep Delivery
- Lead Management
- Well-Established Inventory Management
Google Marketing Platform
- GMB (GoogleMyBusiness) – Every business should register themselves on google’s GMB. You need to enter information about your business in GMB and then it helps your customers find you in their Google searches with the help of local SEO.
- Google Ads – Running ads on Google is one of the best ways of marketing your business. The information registered in your GMB (GoogleMyBusiness) account plays an important role in showing your local business in your potential customer’s search results.
Trello is a task management software that makes it easier for you to manage different types of tasks. These tasks can be notes, projects, files or any kind of data that needs to accessed by you and your team. Basically it’s like a whiteboard with postcards on it. Managing a small business is not easy, you need to tackle with hundreds and thousands of tasks on a daily basis. So, tools like these really help you to carry out your tasks efficiently.
Quickbooks is an accounting software mainly designed for small and home-based businesses. It allows you to have unlimited cloud storage, manages all your payments, accounts and all the banking integration work.
It is one of the best social media scheduling software. It helps you manage all the social media platforms which enable you to have a deeper understanding of what other businesses are doing on their social media channels. Manging and promoting your business on different social media platforms is very important for increasing your brand awareness and generating traffic.
Google Pay is an online payment platform which makes your sending and receiving of money much easier. It is a well-known platform today and is super easy to use. You just need to enter your bank account details once and then all the payments can be managed in one click.